The Typical Data Scientist Profile, in a few Pictures
Interesting survey produced by 365datascience.com, summarized in a few infographics, and based on LinkedIn profiles..
- R (53%) and Python (53%) are the programming languages that dominate the data science field. Other popular languages are SQL (40%), MATLAB (19%), Java (18%), and C/C++ (18%)
- 58% of the data scientists come from one of three educational backgrounds: Computer science (20%), Statistics and Mathematics (19%), and Economics and Social Sciences (19%). There are fewer people who studied Data science and analysis (13%), Natural Sciences (11%), and Engineering (9%)
- The leading employer for data scientists is the Tech industry (42%), with the Industrial Sector (37%) following closely by. The Financial and Healthcare industries account for 16% and 5% of data scientists, respectively
Below are three pictures from the survey.
Click on picture for better resolution.
Click here to read the full survey.
- Services: Hire a Data Scientist | Search DSC | Classifieds | Find a Job
- Contributors: Post a Blog | Ask a Question
- Follow us: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge